You are here: http://www.underclassblog.com/2015/11/override-dns-5-0-10-gbeea0d9-apk.html, Viewing:
App Name: Override DNS
Package Name: net.mx17.overridedns
Requirements: Android 4.3 and up
File Size: 1.2 MB
www.underclassblog.com - First of all some considerations before going on:
• the app needs a rooted device
• the app is now working with Marshmallow (rooted with SuperSU)
• the app is now working with Lollipop
The app was born to change DNS on KitKat, but from version 3.0.0 it has been ported to Android 5.0 Lollipop (see below) and from version 1.3.0 it has been backported to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean MR2.
With this software you can
- Bypass internet censorship when based upon DNS blocking.
- Overcome an Android limitation: there's no system setting to change mobile DNS.
- Speed up internet connection. You can find many articles on the web which show various benchmarks of Domain Name Servers performances and how they affect your navigation (your mileage may vary).
- Keep in sync mobile and Wi-Fi DNS in fact from v1.2.0 the app can handle Wi-Fi connections, too.
- Automatic DNS change when a mobile connection gets activated (can be disabled).
- Automatic DNS change when a Wi-Fi connection gets activated (can be disabled).
- Automatic DNS change when an ethernet connection gets activated (can be disabled).
- Wi-Fi filter based on SSID, so you can automatically apply DNS only to certain connections (can be disabled).
- Custom DNS values.
- Almost zero memory and CPU usage, because it's not a service.
- Notifications let you know that the app is working (can be disabled).
- Automatic DNS flush without need to restart the device.
- DashClock integration, to keep an eye on the DNS in use.
- It comes prepacked with the most common DNS services.
- Simple and clean interface, Holo styled.
- Ad free.
- Works on Lollipop, KitKat and Jelly Bean.
- does not fully support multiple active connections (i.e. tethering or Wi-Fi AP): you can exclude one network device from the advanced settings horizontal layout is still awful.
• inspired by setDNS
- Support for Marshmallow (with SuperSU)
- bugfix crash opening settings on 4.x
- add SuperSU SELinux patch method (again)
- add preference to change SELinux patch method (setools / SuperSU)
- first usage: check SuperSU and Marshmallow and use SuperSU to patch SELinux
- automatically disable SuperSU patch method if unsupported
- do not invoke a root shell to check su version
NOTE: If you experience difficulties with downloading Override DNS 5.0.1-0-gbeea0d9 APK from given links below, please try to login first to those file hosting before download (it's free to create an account), and then you can try to use UC Browser, you can download HERE (Direct Download)
Override DNS 5.0.1-0-gbeea0d9 APK Posted on: http://www.underclassblog.com/2015/11/override-dns-5-0-10-gbeea0d9-apk.html